Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Font Magica and naked guy

The Font Magica is this fountain show they have Fridays and Saturday nights. The fountains dance to cheesy 80s music, like ''Bette Davis Eyes.'' It's actually pretty cool. First, I went on Thursday night, because my guidebook was wrong. I got there really early, climbed up like a million steps to sit on the steps of the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya, then I decided to hike up the hill behind the museu to see what was up there. I heard faint, muffled music, so I decided to follow it. As I got closer, it sounded like it was coming from a stadium, and it sounded familiar so I kept following. Is this R.E.M.? No, but I know it, it kind of sounds like Green Day. As I got to the stadium, I could hear better and knew it was Green Day. I saw them a month ago when they were in Minneapolis, but it was amazing to look out over Barcelona night sky and listen to them. I was pretty happy I decided to wander further.

So around 9, when the Font Magica show was supposed to start, I walked back down the hill to the front steps on the museu. As I got closer, something moving in the trees below the steps caught my eye, so I watched. It was a naked guy--I mean bare-assed naked--walking in the trees and bushes near the steps. He was looking down into the plaza and didn't notice me, noticing him. I kept watching him, because I wasn't sure what he was doing (not because I'm a perv). Is there someone else in there with him? Is he a homeless person living in the bushes and if so, why is he totally naked? Is he going to streak through the fountain show? Doesn't anyone around me see him? But he didn't really do anything but look down into the plaza. After a few minutes I did start to feel like a perv watching him, so I went and sat on the steps with the other fools who apparently bought the same incorrect guidebook as me.

No show Thursday night, but I went back on Friday and got a couple pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment