Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Things I'm excited about now

Things I am excited about at this very moment: 

  • The weather: I love Fall weather because it means hoodies! And hats! And opaque tights!And black turtleneck sweaters! (I should add black turtleneck sweaters to my prior list of things I can't stop buying. I have like 20 of them.)
  • Halloween: The BEST holiday. Don't even argue with me on this one. Even Jesus thinks it's the best. Trust me.
  • The Voice: I love this show because I feel like the coaches are very honest and supportive - as coaches should be. It's not like Idol or X Factor where they are critical without giving any valuable advice. The Voice coaches really seem like they care and would help their team members even after the show. They even follow and tweet them encouragement during the show, ferchrissakes! The whole thing gives me very good feelings.
  • Butternut squash, as I am at this time every year. I don't grow it in my garden because it gets out of control and I have to try to mow around it, but I think it's my favorite vegetable.
Speaking of vegetables (and fruits) I hate the following: baby corn, water chestnuts, beets (thanks for that, grandma), cauliflower (sorry, they smell like farts when you cook them), mandarin oranges (aka baby oranges), maraschino cherries (what ARE these made of and why are they so different from regular cherries??!!), pears and green melon.

On the other hand, I love asparagus (yes, it makes my pee smell), brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, artichokes, bok choy, parsnips and other assorted "adult" vegetables like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment