Monday, October 5, 2009

Boqueria and La Rambla

The Boqueria is an enormous food market--every type of fish, meat, nut, spice, fruit, and candy you can imagine. Chaos. I saw on a food show that there was a booth that sold bugs to eat, but I couldn't find it. This candy display caught my eye. If you look to the right, there is a gummy candy that looks like a fried egg.



La Rambla is a long street with oodles of tourists, vendors selling tourist junk and small animals, and lots of buskers. This first guy was a devil; though I'm not sure why he has the cell phone. The other picture has two demons that made grunting sounds and scared people walking by and let you take a photo with them for some change. You kind of have to admire their creativity. The skyways could use some of this kind of creativity. I'm talking to you, guy in TCF skyway that plays clarinet!




No comments:

Post a Comment